Development Officer, Leadership Giving (Full-time, Permanent)
Location: Toronto, Ontario *We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 until public health guidelines indicates it is safe to return to the workplace
Reports to: Senior Manager, Community Giving & Development Operations
Hiring Range: $60,000-$63,000, Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP, a defined benefit pension plan, 15 paid vacation days in first year of employment, increasing to 20 in second year, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, pregnancy and parental leave top-up, and professional development opportunities.
Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) is a national non-profit organization that builds health, belonging and social justice in low-income communities across Canada through the power of food. We believe food can bring people together to build skills and improve physical and mental health, and create the opportunity for greater equity and social change. We provide ideas, resources and a proven approach to partner organizations so they can establish responsive, financially stable Community Food Centres that support people to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food for all. CFCC also works with the broader food movement to build greater capacity and to empower communities to work toward a healthy and fair food system. Our vision is a Canada that treats food as a basic human right.
CFCC is growing to support its ambition to develop community food centres in 20 communities across Canada, innovate new approaches to addressing food insecurity and advocate for positive change for low-income communities.
CFCC is seeking the Development Officer, Leadership Giving, responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and sponsors $1K-$9999K, and contributing to the corporate partnerships & sponsorships program.
CFCC is strongly committed to equity and inclusion within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
Leadership Giving Program (70%)
- Build and manage a portfolio of 200+ relationships with prospects and donors, including individuals, families, foundations and corporations
- Develop and execute donor cultivation plans, solicitation strategies and stewardship journeys for gifts of $1,000 - $9,999
- Achieve an annual revenue target starting at $200,000
- Identify opportunities for donor upgrade and/or multi-year commitments
- Develop and execute an automated donor stewardship journey leveraging Salesforce and Engaging Networks, augmented by high touch interactions
- Prepare proposals and conduct face-to-face solicitations as needed
- Prepare call reports and update Salesforce to reflect all fundraising activity including call outcomes, actions, notes, intelligence, relationship connections
- Promptly execute thank you calls, letters and other stewardship communications
- Participate in pipeline meetings where appropriate to review achievements and productivity and identify areas that require additional support
Corporate Partnerships & Sponsorships (30%)
- Identify opportunities for corporate partnerships tied to mission and revenue goals
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporate sponsors for The Big Social, CFCC’s peer to peer fundraiser
- Execute sponsorship fulfillment and deliver timely reports tied to sponsor objectives
- Align with CFCC values and contribute to the evolution of our culture, and a work environment that is grounded in collaboration, equity, respect, innovation and transparent communication
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in fundraising
- Strong relationship-building skills, including a demonstrated history of working directly with donors to cultivate and close gifts
- Experience pitching, negotiating and fulfilling corporate sponsorships
- Ability to effectively communicate the vision and key messages of Community Food Centres Canada
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to use sound judgement, maintain discretion, and navigate sensitive situations with integrity and flexibility
- Proficiency with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience; fundraising education preferred
- Knowledge of the Canadian charitable sector, including fundraising best practices and emerging trends, and a demonstrated commitment to professional growth
Why work for us?
➔ Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, short and long-term disability insurance, EAP, membership in a defined benefit pension plan, 15 paid vacation days in first year of employment, increasing to 20 in second year, a December break (usually a week) to recharge, pregnancy and parental leave top-up, and professional development opportunities.
➔ a culture of mutual support where staff are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive Canada
➔ an opportunity to be part of a movement building health, belonging and social justice in low-income communities across Canada through the power of food
How to apply:
To apply, please scroll up and click Apply Now. Please skip the Professional Details and Skills section and attach your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share what you think makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Posting closes August 6, 2021. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in CFCC.